Silver Medal Winner at the 2018 Golden Leaf Awards for best Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea!
With a wonderfully creamy and buttery profile, this tea is highly aromatic when brewed. Notes of stone fruit and sweet florals, it has slight woody undertones. Fills the mouth and has a lasting finish that will have you wanting more. This tea is great for tea drinkers who want high aroma and a stronger flavour profile.
- Organic Oolong tea
- ORIGIN: Wu Yi Mountain, Fujian Province, China
- Water temperature is vital to achieving best flavour from your tea! Darker Oolong, handsome and strong, can withstand a hotter temperature. Watch how gentle and sweet it can be!
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp per 250ml of water
- 90 degree Celsius (Bring cold spring water to a boil and pour into a teapot. Set aside for 1 minute before adding tea)
- Brew for 3-5 minutes, good for up to 5 infusions. Any infusions after the first, the water should be a little hotter and brew for a longer time.
- Ba Xian also known as Eight Immortals is the varietal of tea bush for this heavenly oolong. Our Oolong is grown in the foothills of the Wu Yi Mountains in northern Fujian province, China.
What makes these mountains so special? Firstly, the Wu Yi mountains is a UNSECO World Heritage site that is protected for it biological diversity and significance as an ancient cultural site. Wu Yi Mountain oolong is also known as “Rock tea” and has a long standing history of producing famous tea.This fairy tale landscape is home to four famous bushes that still survive today. Da Hong Pao or “Big Red Robe” is the most famous of them all; what are considered to be the mother bushes of Da Hong Pao still live in the cliffs of these mountains is said to be around three hundred and fifty years old.
Wu Yi Shan’s climate offers unique growing conditions for all tea bush varietals found here; most reputable it's mineral rich red soil that has eroded from the volcanic rock faces. Even though some areas have a lower elevation, the terrior- (ideal temperature 18 degree Celsius, mineral rich soil and climate)- is what gives Wu Yi Oolong there unique characteristics that make them so special.