Our flavourful Rooibos produces a full-bodied & exceptionally smooth cup that has a deep reddish-orange liquor; it’s earthy, toasty and sweet like nectar character, is delicious & organic. Sip with a splash of milk and honey, on its own or traditionally with a slice of lemon.
Origin: Cederberg Mountain, Western Cape, South Africa
- Water temperature is vital to achieving best flavour from your herbal infusions! Dried herbs, flowers and fruits, the hotter, the better they say; is best for extracting the wonderful oils they hold.
- 1 tsp per 250ml
- 100 degree Celsius (Bring cold spring water to a boil and pour into a teapot. Add tea leaves immediately).
- Brew 5 minutes. Brew longer if desired.
- Try it with a splash of milk and honey, on its own or traditionally with a slice of lemon.
- Want to make it iced?! Have a read of our blog 'The Secret to Amazing Iced Tea'
- Rooibos pronounced ‘roy-bos’ is native to South Africa and grows in the mountainous Cederberg region where this species of plant has adapted well to the harsh conditions of this western region. Rooibos is full of minerals such as iron and also holds antioxidants which are important in aiding assistance with strengthening our immune system. So whats not to love about this deep reddish brew?!
Here’s five reasons why you should drink more rooibos
- Caffeine free
- Keeps you hydrated
- Contains antioxidants and important minerals
- Sip on it any time of the day
- Organic, pure and natural