This recipe makes 20. You will need to bake two batches INGREDIENTS 429g plain flour 125g butter, softened 185g raw sugar 3 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 spoon salt 125ml vegetable oil 375ml milk 2 tsp greek yogurt 1...
Vanilla Chai Chocolate Chip Mufins
Hello Tea Lovers!
My Vanilla Chai Choc Chip Muffins have finally come into fruition- I am totally excited to share this recipe with you all.
If you are Chai fanatic like me, then these are a must try for the family, friends or just for a little self indulgence. They are not too naughty I promise! The original recipe was my mums banana muffin recipe but after 3 attempts I had to give the bananas up, they over powered the beautiful chai flavours too much. However, I still got to keep mum’s recipe minus the bananas. A win win for everyone!
Once you have made them a few times, its a versatile recipe to get creative and make it your own. The chai will work well with slithered almonds, shredded coconut or dried figs or anything that you think will compliment the chai.
So without further ado, I hope you enjoy the recipe and I would love to see you share photos and don’t forget to tag TeaEsk so we can see your creations. Cheers to creating extraordinary tea moments together and remember- always have fun!
- 120g olive oil butter
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 170g tub of chohbani greek yogurt
- 120ml milk
- 9 teaspoons TeaEsk Vanilla chai loose leaf
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 small handful of Nestle milk chocolate chips 1 heaped teaspoon of honey
- In a small saucepan, add 120ml milk and 5 teaspoon of TeaEsk Vanilla Chai. Place on the stove over low heat for 5 minutes or until the milk is warm not boiling. Take off the heat, cover and allow the tea to steep for 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease your muffin tray with butter and line with paper muffin cases
- Once milk is infused, strain and discard the leaves.
- Using the last 4 teaspoons of chai, place in a blender and blend until mixture is fine. You will have some stubborn pieces, so I suggest sieving and discarding the large pieces that didn’t break down. (This is optional- you will have a stronger Chai flavour shining through the muffins if you do)
- Using a large bowl, cream the olive oil butter and sugar together until well combined.
- Add the 2 eggs and stir well.
- Next add the yogurt and ground up TeaEsk Vanilla Chai. Mix well.
- Stir in the flour 1 cup at a time and gradually add the Chai infused milk.
- You may find that you will need to add a little more milk, just add some plain milk. The constancy should be creamy and not too runny or hard to stir.
- Add the teaspoon of honey, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Fill your paper muffin cups and sprinkle with a couple of chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. I use a fork to check the centre of the muffins.
Love Mel x
You may also love these
Hello Tea Lovers! My Vanilla Chai Choc Chip Muffins have finally come into fruition- I am totally excited to share this recipe with you all. If you are Chai fanatic like me, then these are a must try...
Hello fellow Tea lovers! I have an exciting recipe to share with you that involves one our teas that you could also incorporate into some home baking. I was feeling creative last week and at an already attempted go...