This bright reddish brew from the Dejoo Tea Estate in India’s Assam region is brisk, silky and sweet. It carries true characteristics of malty flavours with fruity overtones that Assam tea is prized for, with an abundance of golden tips. Perfect on its own but bold enough to add milk.
- Black tea
Origin: Assam, India
- Water temperature is vital to achieving best flavour from your tea! Black tea, the strongest of them all, can cope with the highest temperatures. Deep and dark yet bright and clear.
- 1 tsp per 250ml
- 100 degree Celsius (Bring cold spring water to a boil and pour into a teapot. Add tea leaves immediately).
- Brew 1-3 minutes (Brew longer if desired)
- Try it with a dash of milk
- Dejoo estate located on the north bank of the mighty Brahmaputra River in Assam, and is considered one of the top 10 Estates in India’s Assam region. A noteworthy aspect of this tea estate is that the utmost care has been taken to preserve the watering bodies and natural rainforest over the years. These rainforest’s are home to a great deal of wildlife. The tropical climate along with plentiful rainfall and fertile soil are ideal growing conditions for the high-quality clones of tea bush varietals found here. These conditions play an important part in giving the Dejoo teas their unique quality that over the years has been recognized.